From directing the church members and new visitors to their seats, always helping humbly for the comfort of the elderly, sharing a kind word and handshake with a visitor, working as a teamwork spirit to bring order and structure to a service or helping in an emergency, there are many valuable ways to serve in this ministry.
These are high visibility positions and we will be acting as an ambassador. Many times we will be the first and only impression that people have of our church! We will always give ourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because Jesus teaches us to serve wholeheartedly and willingly.
May this verse always reminds and encourages us in this ministry.
“Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.”
Our ultimate goal: Make people feel most welcome.
Usher Ministry always works as a team and is committed as:-
1. Show – We care
We always show we care for all church members and new visitor no matter who they are. Caring is sharing.
2. Meet – Their Need
We do our best to meet everyone’s different needs.
3. Willing – To serve
We are willing to serve the church members or new visitor from the bottom of our heart. We serve wholeheartedly as if we are serving the Lord, not men.
4. Share – God’s love
God is love. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. His love never fails.
James Leong (LCEC Member) – Music & Worship Ministry Chairman
• Liaises with Church Senior Pastor and LCEC for Usher ministry updates and offers ushers’ help in church events inwardly and outwardly.
Kathy Tan – Chief Usher Coordinator
• Prepare schedule for all the ushers monthly
• Organize meeting with all Team Leader from time to time
• Mobilize and update ushers when there is a need of church events
• Recruit and handle briefing or training for new ushers
Swee Lan– Assistant Chief Usher
• Assist Chief Usher Coordinator to prepare the schedule for all the usher monthly
• Assist Chief Usher Coordinator to mobilize and update ushers when there is a need of church events
• Assist Chief Usher Coordinator for recruitment and handle briefing or training for new ushers
Karen Tan, Lau Sie Tung, Danny Yap, Tang Teck Wei
Michael Lim, Leong Swee Lan, Myra Ho, Thomas Chew
• Report to Usher Chief Coordinator or Assistant Chief for any team members who are not able to be on duty
• Report to Usher Chief Coordinator or Assistant Chief if any team members continuously absent in serving for the last 3 months.
• Monitor and help to inform Chief Usher Coordinator or Assistant Chief Usher for any emergency occurs.
• Find replacement for usher who is unavailable to serve on the respective Sunday.
a) Personal Encounter with God
Ushers are required to regularly read the bible and spend time in prayers for their personal encounter with God.
Be at the assigned station 20 minutes before the start of each celebration or event.
Contact Team Leader as soon as possible to schedule vacations, changes or absences.
Contact Team Leader at least one (1) week before the scheduled service if going to be absent.
c) Dress Code
Sharp dressed and neatly groomed ushers make a good impression to people entering the church for services. It communicates that we care about people and respect the Lord’s House.
d) Name Tag
All ushers need to put on name tag for members and new visitors to address them easily.
e) Finishing the service
It is important to stay at respective station until the end of the assigned time.
a) Team Annual Gathering and Training
All ushers are required to attend Team Annual Gathering and Training from time to time.
SMILE! A bright smile communicates more than words. Welcome everyone. Remember you are involved in an important work.